(Union County History, High School Library, Author unknown & thesis of Harold H. Michel)
Prior to 1858 school was held in the Billingsville community in an old log cabin. It was replaced in 1858. This second building was replaced in 1870 by a large, two-story frame building.
In 1926 a brick building was erected. It was a four-room structure with a small gymnasium. The patrons in the western part of the township were not in favor of the consolidated school at College Corner so to compromise the issue, they built this building to take care of all the grade school children west of the railroad. This was a satisfactory way of solving the problem, as it gave this section a community center.
Students went to Billingsville, grades one through eight. After graduation from the eighth grade, the pupils were transported to College Corner High School. The school was closed in 1953 and joined Union School at College Corner, as a result of a petition signed by 90% of the registered voters in the area involved.